Brand Talk- Silmu Knitting
This week Silmu Knitting celebrating one year. We decided to talk with Mirella, who is founder of company and ask her more about Silmu Knitting.
HI MIRELLA! HOW ARE YOU? HOW IS SILMU KNITTING?
- Hi there! Im happy with my new self employee career with Silmu knitting. Everyday is different and I can decide what I want to do each day and what I want to learn and improve. I have had very busy summer with Silmu and now Im working order to Taiwan reseller.
WHAT WILL BE THREE WORDS TO DESCRIBE SILMU KNITTING?
- Authentic, natural and simple.
YOU CELEBRATING ONE YEAR THIS WEEK! CONGRATULATIONS! TELL US ABOUT YOUR BRAND. HOW YOU FOUND IT? WHO IS BEHIND SILMU KNITTING?
- Thank you! Actually Silmu knittings story is a little bit funny, because I was seeking a job last fall which I didnt get, but they wanted my products to their shop. Thats why I needed to start a company and thats how Silmu knitting was started! I didnt planned it or even dreamed about it, but now its my whole world and Im loving every minute with it!
Behind Silmu knitting is me, Mirella. So Silmu is one womans business. I have two beautiful and very energy sons and I live in old house in Vantaa Finland.
I learned to knit while my first son was a baby. Evenings I watched youtube videos and translate english knitting patterns to Finnish. That is how im learned to knit and found it so lovely and calming with hectic days with a baby.
WHAT MAKES SILMU KNITTING DIFFERENT FROM ANOTHER SIMILIAR BRANDS?
- Silmus yarns and the whole packing materials are very sustainable basis. Im determined to learn more and do better with suistainability now and future. We want to support small business like us and most of our yarns comes to small spinning mills. Also our whole product journey is in the EU. So I think Sustainable might be the thing which makes difference to other brands.
CAN YOU TELL US MORE WHAT MAKES UNTREATED MERINO SO GOOD?
- The untreated merino wool is better for skin because its not exposed to harsh chemical processes. There is no plastic coating and thats why wool retains its excellent properties better. Untreated merino is more sustainable as it not uses chemicals and it creates less waste. It also uses less energy and water than superwashed merino wool.
CAN YOU TELL US MORE ABOUT CREATIVE PROCESS? WHAT INSPIRE YOU?
- I get inspired of simplicity and mostly unisex designs. I love to play with different stitches and lace patterns. I want to create timeless pieces with some interesting little details with it.
Thank you very much for this opportunity to tell more about me and my busines Silmu knitting. Have a happy fall you all!